In our family, and I would like to think in most families as well, we have got a lot to be grateful for. The love, laughter and oneness that’s shared are true blessings; especially in times of adversity or bad luck. When my nephew, Anthony, was younger, his mom fed him mashed carrots together with other healthy and mushy baby food. As he grew older, he developed a liking for sweet carrot cake recipe. Unfortunately, he also developed diabetes. The whole family was devastated at this turn of ill-health. But his mommy, a woman of powerful personality and faith, stood fast and dealt with this challenge. She diligently researched and prepared his diet each and every day till it was time for him to leave us. This sugar free carrot cake recipe was Anthony’s favorite.
– 2 c of cake flour
– 1 1/2 tsps of cinnamon
– Half (1/2) tsp. of bicarbonate soda
– Quarter of a teaspoon of salt
– One (1) tsp. of baking powder
– Sift together all of the ingredients in a middle sized bowl, then set aside.
Carrot mixture ingredients:
– 1 1/2 c of grated carrots
– 1 c of drained crushed pineapple
– 1/2 c of thinly chopped cashew nuts
– 1/2 c of sesame seeds
– One cup of pure coconut milk
– Mix all of the ingredients together in a middle sized bowl and mix thoroughly until well combined, then set aside.
– 3 medium sized eggs
– 1/2 c of canola oil
– 1/2 c of orange juice concentrate
– Half (1/2) c. of cold water
– Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray with non stick oil or lightly brush with canola oil a spring form baking pan.
– In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork till frothy.
– Add the canola oil, orange juice concentrate and cold water.
– Using a hand mixer, beat the ingredients on low speed.
– Slowly add the carrot mixture next while beating continuously at low speed.
– Next, carefully add the sifted dry ingredients, a spoonful at a time, then turn the mixer speed to medium.
– With the use of a rubber spatula, transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan.
– Bake for an estimated forty-five minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
– Remove the pan from the oven and cool for approx. ten to fifteen minutes.
– Remove the cake from the pan and move to cool on a wire rack.
– Serve alongside love and laughter.
Yves Casson has rich background in pastry and baking.His unique flair for traditional cake recipes can be discovered at Cake Recipe Secrets.Yves latest amazing recipe is this sugar free carrot cake recipe.